Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Air Zoo Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Get News & Events RSS
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Support the Air Zoo
High on Kalamazoo Balloon Festival
Become a Volunteer
The Air Zoo currently has full-time and part-time openings available. If you would like to be considered for any of the open positions listed below, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are held for 90 days.
Part-Time Science Educator
Supervisor: Education Manager
Energetic, dependable individuals who like working with people and inspiring others to learn about science. Good public speaking, organizational, and customer service skills required. The part-time educator is responsible for delivering exciting, high-quality educational programs to schools, families, and adult groups. This position offers a unique opportunity to practice a wide range of skills; lead innovative, interdisciplinary activities; and connect people of all ages to the STEAM disciplines. Educator is instrumental in strengthening visitors' awareness and appreciation of the Air Zoo. This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Scheduling is flexible with select weekdays, evening, overnight, and weekend work required. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Deliver educational programs including school, after-school and outreach programs, summer and holiday camps for families and children, camp-in overnight programs, birthday parties, special event programs and scout badge programs.
- Learn the activity you will be teaching and be able to answer questions about the topic (training provided)
- Set-up classroom and teach educational activities
- Maintain control of the classroom and students
- Actively engage the audience
- Follow the established schedule for the daily events
- Clean classrooms after each program (put away supplies, wash equipment and tables, sweep floors if needed)
- Must be able to carry totes with materials (up to 40 pounds) from place to place
- Deliver exhibit floor education and participate in program development and evaluation as required
- Participate in educational and promotional outreach events
- Make safety a priority
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent. Some college-level education preferred with an emphasis in Education or Science-related field. Certification and experience teaching in classroom and informal museum settings helpful
- Creative, motivated, and enthusiastic; excellent public presentation skills
- Reliable and punctual; able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Able to work independently and as part of a close team
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; strong organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to offsite locations
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
Aviation Exploration Instructor - POSITION FILLED.
Thank you for your interest, please continue to check this page for additional opportunities.
Part-time Ride Operators needed immediately
Do you have great customer service skills? If so, the Air Zoo is looking for YOU! We're looking to immediately interview responsible and reliable candidates for Ride Operator positions. The ideal candidate is 18 years or older, available to work both weekends and weekdays, enjoy working with the public, and possesses a fun and positive attitude. If you fit this description, we want to hear from you! To apply, click HERE. to download an application. We look forward to meeting you! Applicants MUST be able to work weekends and MUST be at least 18 years of age. All qualified candidates MUST pass a drug test.
Experience working with the public preferred but not required.
Public Programming Staff
Assist with Overnight Programs, Birthday Parties,and various Air Zoo events,
MUST be available to work most weekends
Experience working with children a plus. To apply, click HERE.
Please check back for future job openings.
- Collections Assistant (Intern) - Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Events Specialist (Intern) - Assists Events team with: event planning, meetings and phone calls with customers, data entry of event information, set up for special events.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Intern: Ensures that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment. Participates in aircraft restoration and maintenance activities.
For more information, contact Tamra Stafford via email by clicking HERE, or by phone via 269.350.2815.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer for the Air Zoo, please check out our volunteer page.