Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards & Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame Gala
Become a Member
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Make a Donation
Become a Volunteer
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
The Air Zoo currently has full-time and part-time openings available. If you would like to be considered for any of the open positions listed below, please follow the instructions at the the end of each posting. The Air Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications are held for 90 days.
Position Title: Development Associate
Supervisor: Director of Advancement
Posting date: May 16, 2016
Responsible for supporting the advancement of the Air Zoo's mission and fulfillment of the organization s strategic goals. Directly report to and support the Director of Advancement. Duties include, but are not limited to: database management; verbal and written communication and correspondence; donor/prospect research; funding proposal and report development; event coordination; campaign initiatives; and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Advancement and President/CEO.
- Support and work closely with the Director of Advancement and CEO on fundraising activities, including annual fund and endowment campaigns, major gift solicitations, corporate sponsorship campaigns, membership campaigns, and foundation proposals.
- Support and adhere to annual fundraising plan in partnership with the Director of Advancement.
- Maintain confidential donor database and ensure accuracy of records.
- Donor, sponsor, and member prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and communication.
- Coordination of membership programs (individual, corporate, and giving society).
- Ensure donor, sponsor, member, and partner acknowledgement and benefit fulfillment.
- Research, proposal development, and reporting activities involved with grant procurement and management.
- Partner with Marketing Department for the development and distribution of Advancement marketing materials, invitations, quarterly newsletter and scheduled communications.
- Coordination of meetings, receptions, and special events for the Advancement Department.
- Complete training and maintain proficiency in Tessitura Software and associated products used by the Air Zoo. Ensure timely entries, transactions, and reports in the Tessitura system. Adhere to standards set forth by the Tessitura Consortium and the Air Zoo in regards to the use of Tessitura Software and products.
- Process in-kind donation requests submitted to the Air Zoo.
- Attend and participate in relevant Air Zoo staff meetings.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to identify professional development goals and participate in an annual performance review.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience delivering donor-centered service in fund development.
- Proven success in growing donors, sponsors, members, visitors, gifts, and/or earned revenue.
- Nonprofit leadership, grant writing experience, event coordination and/or project management a plus.
- Occasional evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing, speaking and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to partner effectively and establish collegial relationships with staff members, supervisors, contract personnel, institutional partners, volunteers and community at large.
- Ability to manage a diverse range of projects and demands, simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn programs and processes.
- Solid computer skills in the following: database management; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Power Point; internet search engines, and Adobe. Familiarity with fundraising or CRM soft
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with "Development Associate" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Position Title: Ride Operator
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Status: Part-time; non-exempt
The Ride Operator position has direct contact with our guests and sets the stage and atmosphere for the visit to the Air Zoo. They are responsible for safely operating all of the Air Zoo s rides & attractions, as well as demonstrating educational science-related activities, to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience during their visit. Safety, guest experience, professionalism, and the desire to engage the public in an entertaining and educational environment are the top priorities. This is a part-time position.
Applications for this position can be downloaded HERE,or obtained at the Air Zoo's ticketing counter during normal business hours. Please drop off completed applications at the Air Zoo's ticket desk.
- Collections Assistant (Intern) - Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Events Specialist (Intern) - Assists Events team with: event planning, meetings and phone calls with customers, data entry of event information, set up for special events.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Intern: Ensures that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment. Participates in aircraft restoration and maintenance activities.
For more information, contact Tamra Stafford via email by clicking HERE, or by phone via 269.350.2815.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer for the Air Zoo, please check out our volunteer page.
The Air Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer