Da Vinci: The Exhibition - An interactive journey through Leonardo da Vinci's art and inventions.
Black Wings Exhibition
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Air Zoo Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Support the Air Zoo
Become a Volunteer
The Air Zoo currently has full-time and part-time openings available. If you would like to be considered for any of the open positions listed below, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are held for 90 days.
Position Title: Operations Support Technician - Full time
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Position Objectives: Participate in the custodial, mechanical, electrical and technical maintenance of the Museum s attractions, experiences, exhibits, buildings and grounds to ensure an exceptional experience for customers, staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the custodial and maintenance care of the Museum s attractions, experiences and mechanical exhibits including, but not limited to, the Max Flight Simulators, the Zamperla Hot Air Balloon, Flying Circus, Ferris Wheel and Paratrooper rides; the 4-D Missions Theatre, Space Shuttle, and Doron simulator, lighting systems, permanent exhibits, future acquisitions and temporary exhibits.
- Participate in all custodial, mechanical, electrical and technical maintenance of the Museum s buildings and grounds. Insure timely repairs and maintenance that meet or exceed organizational standards.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete periodic maintenance and inspection routine as required by state law, federal law, equipment manufacturers and Museum policies.
- Ensure the proper performance of equipment. Promptly troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment or damaged items.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete all required paperwork for maintenance and inspection tasks.
- Make note of problems with any of the attractions and reports these to the Operations Manager. In the absence of supervisor, meet each day with the Director of Operations or the Customer Service Manager and review the status of all equipment, discussing anything pertinent to the day s operation.
- Enforce procedures for maintaining high standards of attraction operations for safety, quality and reliability.
- Perform training duties for designated ride operators and part-time attractions personnel, including supervisory and oversight responsibilities during these training periods. Provide supervision for staff and volunteers who assist with department responsibilities.
- Ensure that ride operators and part-time attractions personnel are aware of and follow appropriate process to report and document maintenance and repair needs.
- In absence of, or as directed by, the Operations Manager; contact or oversee contracted service providers, coordinating their activities within contract and budget parameters.
- Operate the attractions and exhibits as necessary. Assist with operations staff breaks, absences and shortages as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Weekend, evening and holiday hours required. Availability must be flexible. Provide on-call support as needed.
Minimum Education / Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, 4803 phase electrical, Windows based computer control systems, Apple based computer control systems, and variable frequency drive technology
- Mechanical and AV troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Sensitivity to the safety and security procedures necessary to protect personnel, customer, public and private property
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with staff, volunteers and visitors
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Superior interpersonal skills to foster effective working relationships at all levels
- Full understanding of the Museum s customer service philosophy and procedures
- Ability to take on concurrent tasks and work in an environment where interruptions are common
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be flexible with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Well groomed appearance and compliance with the Museum s dress and personal appearance policies
- Skill at routine repairs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk or climb stairs/ladders for an extended period of time
- Will require heavy lifting up to and exceeding 50 pounds
- Will require ability to pull, push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop, crawl and crouch
- Good eye, hand, feet coordination and motor coordination skills
- Valid drivers license
- Common powered and non-powered tools
- Scissor, boom and articulated lifts
- Fork lift (Training process Required)
- Snow removal equipment
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Collections Assistant (Intern) - Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Events Specialist (Intern) - Assists Events team with: event planning, meetings and phone calls with customers, data entry of event information, set up for special events.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Intern: Ensures that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment. Participates in aircraft restoration and maintenance activities.
For more information, contact Tamra Stafford via email by clicking HERE, or by phone via 269.350.2815.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer for the Air Zoo, please check out our volunteer page.