Take Me Home Huey Exhibit
Become a Member
Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards & Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame Gala
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Make a Donation
Become a Volunteer
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
The Air Zoo currently has full-time and part-time openings available. If you would like to be considered for any of the open positions listed below, please follow the instructions at the the end of each posting. The Air Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications are held for 90 days.
Position Title: Director of Development
Lead all aspects of the Fundraising/Development function for the Air Zoo and the Air Zoo Legacy Foundation. Primary responsibilities include creating and implementing the development strategy for the Air Zoo; expanding and diversifying the Air Zoo s donor/sponsor base at all levels of support; assisting in developing and delivering the Air Zoo s value proposition to community stakeholders; developing and leveraging key relationships/partnerships at the local, state, and national levels to ensure revenue goals are met and exceeded; and, as a key leadership team member, providing strategic thought and action across a broad array of Air Zoo activities, including marketing and branding, education, and exhibit floor operations. Additionally, lead all of the activities of the Air Zoo Legacy Foundation and its Board of Trustees.
You must be a motivated, energetic leader ready to creatively build and deliver opportunities to inspire support for all the Air Zoo brings to our region. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven, high-energy person to grow a very unique and exciting organization. Visit www.airzoo.org for more information. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The Air Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Oversees all of the development and fundraising activities of the Air Zoo and the Air Zoo Legacy Foundation;
- Develops, implements, and manages the Air Zoo s Development plan, and ensures that all development activities are aligned to the goals and objectives of the plan as well as the Air Zoo s overall strategic plan;
- Develops and tracks the Development Department s annual budget in partnership with the Air Zoo s CEO and Director of Finance;
- Supervises all employees within the Development Department. Supervision activities include regular performance reviews, monitoring hours worked/time off, ensuring success in all activities/duties performed, and always maximizing individual and team effectiveness;
- Cultivates and fosters relationships with all current and potential corporate, foundation, and individual donors;
- Builds and manages Major Gift program through developing relationships, scheduling and engaging in in-person visits, and preparing all correspondences and acknowledgements;
- Creates and builds Planned Giving program to develop and track bequest gifts;
- Develops, executes, and manages all other fundraising campaigns and request programs, including but not limited to Fund Drives and Endowment growth;
- Works with the Membership Manager to maintain and grow a robust membership program;
- Enhances high-level member society by recruiting new members; nurturing current members; planning and executing events for members; and continually reviewing/changing membership benefits as appropriate;
- Formulates and writes grant proposals, reports, and evaluations to corporate and foundation grantors;
- Conducts fundraising research/prospecting from multiple local, regional, and national donor sources;
- Coordinates and executes daily database and donor/grantor records tracking and maintenance;
- Participates in all Air Zoo and Air Zoo Legacy Foundation Board meetings, reporting progress of all development activities, sharing new initiatives, and recruiting Board members for all activities as appropriate;
- Provides content for online profiles, Air Zoo website, newsletters, and annual reports;
- Maintains the Air Zoo s Giving Guidelines and manages all donation requests to the Air Zoo;
- Teams with the Marketing group to develop materials that will maximize the Air Zoo s recruitment of financial and in-kind support for all programs and giving levels;
- Works with the Exhibits team to raise corporate/foundation/individual sponsorships for traveling and permanent exhibits;
- Partners with Education team to successfully raise financial and in-kind support for all educational activities at the Air Zoo, including school field trips, summer camps, overnight camp-ins, exhibit floor education programs, etc;
- Attends all appropriate internal staff meetings;
- Ensures communications to Air Zoo staff and volunteers regarding all development initiatives is always targeted, timely, and effective;
- Works with an internal/external Advancement Committee, soliciting ideas from the Committee on all facets of development/fundraising and recruiting help in executing those ideas; and
- Provides a remarkable experience for every guest of the Air Zoo with every action and every interaction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience successfully driving nonprofit development or corporate sales.
- Experience working with Senior-level executives within an organization.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding annual revenue/sales targets greater than $500k.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to engage, inspire, and influence a broad array of potential donors.
- Inspiring, motivating, will do attitude with a passion for positively impacting community through education.
- Driving work ethic with consistently high level of initiative in all work to be performed.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture partnerships to the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of database applications and accompanying computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills to succeed in tasks ranging from donor records maintenance to event planning and execution.
- Ability to think strategically and seamlessly turn strategy into action.
- Bachelor s degree. Understanding of nonprofit environment, particularly with an education focus, is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule of evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, volunteers and public.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Extensive planning experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills to foster effective working relationships at all levels.
- Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Air Zoo.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to undertake multiple concurrent tasks and work in an environment where interruptions are common.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Position requires limited local, regional, and national travel.
- Must be able to lift and move containers and boxes.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Well groomed appearance and compliance with the dress and personal appearance policies.
- Professional work and punctuality habits.
- Ability to work with a widely diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrate experience coordinating community resources.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office and database programs.
- Possession of a valid driver s license and the ability to meet minimum driving requirements.
To apply submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position Title: Ride Operator
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Status: Part-time; non-exempt
The Ride Operator position has direct contact with our guests and sets the stage and atmosphere for the visit to the Air Zoo. They are responsible for safely operating all of the Air Zoo s rides & attractions, as well as demonstrating educational science-related activities, to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience during their visit. Safety, guest experience, professionalism, and the desire to engage the public in an entertaining and educational environment are the top priorities. This is a part-time position.
Applications for this position can be downloaded HERE,or obtained at the Air Zoo's ticketing counter during normal business hours. Please drop off completed applications at the Air Zoo's ticket desk.
- Collections Assistant (Intern) - Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Events Specialist (Intern) - Assists Events team with: event planning, meetings and phone calls with customers, data entry of event information, set up for special events.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Intern: Ensures that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment. Participates in aircraft restoration and maintenance activities.
For more information, contact Tamra Stafford via email by clicking HERE, or by phone via 269.350.2815.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer for the Air Zoo, please check out our volunteer page.
The Air Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer