Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Air Zoo Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Get News & Events RSS
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Support the Air Zoo
Become a Volunteer
Air Zoo Travel
The Air Zoo currently has full-time and part-time openings available. If you would like to be considered for any of the open positions listed below, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are held for 90 days.
Position Title: Marketing and Development Administrator
Exciting projects, great benefits, a fantastic work environment, and the opportunity to contribute towards the rapid growth of a Smithsonian affiliated organization! If you're a creative, fun, and extremely passionate marketing/fundraising superstar (either a current pro, or a budding one), we should talk. Low energy need not apply. Based in Portage, MI, the Air Zoo is one of the nation's premier aviation and science museums. With over 60 unique and historical aircraft/spacecraft on display, engaging exhibits, and a world class education team, the Air Zoo is rapidly evolving and looking to immediately expand our Marketing & Development teams with the addition of an exceptional Marketing & Development Administrator. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to gain valuable marketing experience on a global scale! If you think you have what it takes, respond to this listing with your resume, examples of your marketing prowess, and a GOOD cover letter telling us what makes you a current or potential superstar. Market yourself!
Position Summary: Assist with all aspects of the Marketing and Fundraising/Development functions for both the Air Zoo and the Air Zoo Legacy Foundation. Primary responsibilities include utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite and advanced copywriting skills in the creation and implementation of dynamic and creative Marketing and Development collateral across a variety of platforms; assisting with the development and execution of the Air Zoo's Marketing and Development plans enabling the attainment of revenue/attendance goals and the expansion and diversification of the Air Zoo's donor base; working closely to align the external marketing and development messaging with the guest experience; assisting in development and delivery of the Air Zoo's value proposition to community stakeholders; and creative contribution towards conceptual and concrete business development activities for both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assists the Development Director in the development and execution of all facets of the Air Zoo's Development/Fundraising Plan; assists the Marketing & Communications Manager in the development all of the Air Zoo's marketing, branding, communications, and public relations activities;
- Supports the creation of growth of all fundraising programs, including: Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Annual Fund Drives, Endowment Growth, and Membership Societies;
- Helps Air Zoo Leadership Team to cultivate and foster relationships with all current and potential corporate, foundation, and individual donors;
- Supports fundraising research activities, including grant research and proposal writing;
- Produces digital and print Marketing and Development collateral utilizing full Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ensures that all marketing activities are aligned to the goals and objectives of the annual marketing plan and the Air Zoo's overall strategic plan;
- Writes persuasive marketing and fundraising copy for a variety of platforms;
- Contributes creatively to a variety of Marketing & Development campaigns, including: print, web, video, and email;
- Executes market research utilizing analytics and business intelligence strategies;
- Supports various Air Zoo departments in the creation of signage, campaigns, flyers, and other marketing and development projects;
- Works closely with the Air Zoo's Marketing & Communications Manager and an external marketing firm in the development and implementation of effective marketing and advertising strategies and activities;
- Facilitates tracking of marketing campaigns using various platforms, including Google Analytics;
- Oversees diverse design and campaign projects as determined by the Air Zoo's Marketing Manager and Development Director.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing or equivalent. Current students may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience or study in marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to engage, inspire, and influence a broad array of potential donors.
- Inspiring, motivating, "can do" attitude with a passion for positively impacting community through education.
- Driving work ethic with consistently high level of initiative in all work to be performed.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture partnerships to the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of database applications and accompanying computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills to succeed in tasks ranging from donor records maintenance to event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability in copywriting, business writing, editing and production of marketing materials.
- Strong graphic design experience with advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite focused on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing fundamentals.
- Experience in developing and coordinating direct mail programs.
- Experience in social media and internet marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong graphic design and copywriting skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule of evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, volunteers and public.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills to foster effective working relationships at all levels.
- Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Air Zoo.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to undertake multiple concurrent tasks and work in an environment where interruptions are common.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Position requires limited local and regional travel.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy containers and boxes (display booth, trade show and print materials).
- Must be able to reach overhead.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Well groomed appearance and compliance with the dress and personal appearance policies.
- Professional work and punctuality habits.
- Ability to work with a widely diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrate experience coordinating community resources.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office and database programs.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and the ability to meet minimum driving requirements.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Part Time Postions
For part time positions, please download an application here, or pick one up at the Air Zoo's ticket counter. Fill out and email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off/mail to the Air Zoo, ATTN: Sandi Newcomer, 6151 Portage Rd, Portage MI, 49002
Part-time Ride Operators needed immediately
Applicants MUST be able to work weekends and MUST be at least 18 years of age. All qualified candidates MUST pass a drug test.
Experience working with the public preferred but not required.
Public Programming Staff
Assist with Overnight Programs, Birthday Parties,and various Air Zoo events,
MUST be available to work most weekends
Experience working with children a plus
Please check back for future job openings.
The Air Zoo currently has no internship openings.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer for the Air Zoo, please check out our volunteer page.