Da Vinci: The Exhibition - An interactive journey through Leonardo da Vinci's art and inventions.
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Air Zoo Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Get News & Events RSS
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Support the Air Zoo
High on Kalamazoo Balloon Festival
Become a Volunteer
Located near Kalamazoo in West Michigan, the Air Zoo is one of the nation's premier aerospace and science centers and we're always on the look out for great volunteers! The Air Zoo offers a variety of volunteer positions, most of which require little, or no, experience.
Some of the incentives for volunteering include:
- Free admission for volunteer and immediate family
- Discount in gift shop
- Discount at Kitty Hawk Cafe on day of volunteering
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly communications meeting
- Collections Assistant (Intern) - Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Events Specialist (Intern) - Assists Events team with: event planning, meetings and phone calls with customers, data entry of event information, set up for special events.
- Retail Specialist - Ticket Counter: Provide accurate and speedy processing of admission tickets and membership sales at our ticket counters.
- Reception Desk - Greeter - Greet guests at our East Campus.
- Greeter: Volunteers will greet customers and give general information about the Air Zoo.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Volunteer: Volunteers will ensure that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment.
- Docents: Volunteers in this area are the Museum's teachers and tour guides. Volunteers will participate in and successfully complete the Docent Training course so that they are able to educate guests about the Museum's collection of aircraft and artifacts.
- Data Entry: Volunteers will perform data entry within various departments. Data entry and good computer skills are necessary.
- Building and Grounds Maintenance: Volunteers will provide building and ground maintenance to the Air Zoo which could include cleaning, picking up trash, pulling weeds, painting, and other necessary tasks to keep the Air Zoo clean.
- Tiger Exhibit: Take tickets and greet customers at our new and exciting Tiger Exhibit.
The Air Zoo offers a variety of volunteer positions, most of which require no experience. The following is a brief description of the available positions and the requirements for each. Training will be provided for each volunteer opportunity.
Current Volunteer Positions Available:
If you are interested in any of these job opportunities, please download and fill out our volunteer application packet by clicking HERE. Drop off or mail your completed packet to the Air Zoo, Attn: Tamra Stafford, 6151 Portage Rd, Portage, MI, 49002. We look forward to hearing from you!