Take Me Home Huey Exhibit
Become a Member
Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards & Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame Gala
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Make a Donation
Become a Volunteer
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Curtiss JN-4 Jenny (scale model)
Did You Know?
- The Jenny was the first aircraft purchased in quantity by the U.S. military. Consequently, it was the first mass-produced American aircraft.
- It was used to train more than 90% of American pilots during World War I.
- Prior to 1927, the Jenny was the first aircraft many Americans ever saw up close, let alone fly in.
- After the war, there was a surplus of Jennies. Many barnstormers bought them, flying them across the U.S. to sell rides, thrill spectators, and inspire young pilots-to-be.
- Charles Lindbergh's first aircraft was a Jenny bought in 1923 for $500.