Beaumont "Pard" Diver
Beaumont "Pard" Diver was born in Deerfield, Michigan in 1912 and began his career in aviation when he started working at Meyers Aircraft Co. in Tecumseh in 1940. While there, he helped design and build the Meyers OTW, 145 and 200. He also signed the airworthiness certificates for all three aircraft and made them official airplanes.
Diver made the creation and restoration of many one-of-a-kind projects possible. If parts were not available, he would fabricate them. He excelled in aircraft aluminum and was known for his ability to make just about any part necessary to keep the plane flying.
Diver worked at Meyers Aircraft Co. for more than 50 years, and in 1990 was honored by Michigan Aviation Magazine. The magazine acknowledged the five decades of expertise Diver devoted to the design and construction of the exclusive handmade Meyers single-engine biplanes and thousands of experimental aircraft parts.
On August 11, 1990, Diver passed away while working on an airplane he helped build and patent. He was the last of the original FAA licensed Meyers repairmen. After his passing, the Al Meyers Airport in Tecumseh was officially renamed the Meyers-Diver's Airport. Diver often said he was thankful for living in the time of history that he did. The advances in his lifetime amazed him as he went from flowing behind two mules before the advent of electricity, to his own ride on the Concorde jet, breaking the sound barrier.
Diver is warmly and fondly remembered not only in Southeast Michigan, but around the world wherever there are aviators who had the privilege of working with him. He had an interest in people and learned everything important about those he worked with. His love for his family, friends and country shined through unmistakably. His trademark red baseball cap became the accepted garb for Meyers Aircraft Owners Association members, who known how reliable and safe their airplanes are, thanks to Diver's careful and painstaking efforts.
Beaumont "Pard" Diver was enshrined into the Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame on May 21, 2011.