Da Vinci: The Exhibition - An interactive journey through Leonardo da Vinci's art and inventions.
Tigers: Tracking a Legend
Air Zoo Science Innovation Hall of Fame Awards
Subscribe to AirMail E-News
Get News & Events RSS
Register Group Tours
Book Air Zoo Facilities
Support the Air Zoo
High on Kalamazoo Balloon Festival
Become a Volunteer
Located near Kalamazoo in West Michigan, the Air Zoo is one of the nation's premier aerospace and science centers and we're always on the look out for great volunteers! The Air Zoo offers a variety of volunteer positions, most of which require little, or no, experience.
Some of the incentives for volunteering include:
- Free admission for volunteer and immediate family
- Discount in gift shop
- Discount at Kitty Hawk Cafe on day of volunteering
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly communications meeting
- Summer Camp Assistant: Help to motivate and inspire young minds at the Air Zoo s amazing summer science camps! Assist the Air Zoo s summer camp Educators with camp activities and other tasks during one or more of our science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM) based programs. We ll help you to select a camp that best fits your interests and provide you with all necessary training. Please be at least 16 years old, responsible, good with children, enthusiastic, and ready to have fun!
- Docents: Volunteers in this area are the Museum's teachers and tour guides. Volunteers will participate in and successfully complete the Docent Training course so that they are able to educate guests about the Museum's collection of aircraft and artifacts.
- Greeter: Volunteers will greet customers and give general information about the Air Zoo.
- Demo Volunteer - Fly Buy Museum Store: Try out new toys for our customers in the gift shop. You will actually be playing with the toys during a demonstration time. Available Summer: Tuesdays " Saturdays.
- Collections Assistant (Intern): Acquires, prepares and catalogs new materials and artifacts. Maintains database of collection contents/artifacts, and oversees the storage and handling of the collection.
- Data Entry: Volunteers will perform data entry within various departments. Data entry and good computer skills are necessary.
- Greeter/Receptionist - East Campus: Greet guests at our East Campus.
- Aircraft Restoration and Maintenance Volunteer: Volunteers will ensure that museum aircraft remain in top condition for the public's enjoyment.
- Tiger Exhibit: Take tickets and greet customers at our new and exciting Tiger Exhibit.
- Building and Grounds Maintenance: Volunteers will provide building and ground maintenance to the Air Zoo which could include cleaning, picking up trash, pulling weeds, painting, and other necessary tasks to keep the Air Zoo clean.
The Air Zoo offers a variety of volunteer positions, most of which require no experience. The following is a brief description of the available positions and the requirements for each. Training will be provided for each volunteer opportunity.
Current Volunteer Positions Available:
If you are interested in any of these job opportunities, please download and fill out our volunteer application packet by clicking HERE. Drop off or mail your completed packet to the Air Zoo, Attn: Tamra Stafford, 6151 Portage Rd, Portage, MI, 49002. We look forward to hearing from you!