Quick Facts

Pazmany PL-4 

Kit Planes/Home Built Planes 

Part of the Air Zoo Collection 

Located in the Flight Discovery Center, suspended over Restoration Center

The brainchild of aviation pioneer Ladislao Pazmany (1923-2006), the PL-4 is a single seat, low-wing, cantilever monoplane aircraft powered by a 65 hp C-65 Continental gas engine. Designed with a folding wing to enable the aircraft to be towed behind a car, the PL-4’s T-tail configuration helps rudder effectiveness while allowing the wings to be folded without hitting the stabilizer. A spacious enclosed cabin allows for large passengers and has a roomy baggage compartment.   

First flown in 1972, the aircraft later won Outstanding New Design at the Experimental Aircraft Association’s (EAA) gathering in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Between 1985 to 2000, 686 kits were sold and more than 60 planes had been built and flown.